Monday, April 18, 2011

Start of Tux4Kids Blog

I am starting this on the heels of the release of TuxMath-2.0.0, which I believe is the most important upgrade since I became the maintainer of TuxMath five years ago.

The purpose of this blog is to share some of the visions and goals for Tux4Kids.  Our software is acceptably well-known within the Free Software, a.k.a. "Open Source", a.k.a. "Linux" community, but it could be a much bigger thing than it has been so far.  We remain quite a small project.  I probably account for 75% of the commits to our SCM most of the time, with periods of enhanced participation from others, mainly due to Google Summer of Code or Google Code-In.

For now, I intend to write something on perhaps a weekly basis, a "Tux4Kids Weekly News", if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment